The Estate Planning Attorneys at The Law Offices of Brandon Sua & Associates offer services to address extensive Estate Planning.
What is Estate Planning?
Proper estate planning will preserve your assets, allow you to buy what you want today and, in the end, distribute your remaining assets exactly as you wish with no outside or aggressive influences.
The Law Offices of Brandon Sua & Associates help our clients create and implement a sound estate plan. An estate plan consists of only four essential parts.
Revocable Living Trust
• A plan that keeps your assets under your control while you are living but specifies in detail who gets what and when after you die. If you live in California and own a house, you probably need a trust. If you have assets worth more than $150,000, you need a trust. It will free your family of the burden of probate.
• A Will is a document which details how you want your assets and possessions distributed after your death. A pour over will works in conjunction with a Living Trust, “pouring” assets outside the trust into the trust when you die.
• Wills are not just for old folks. If you have minor children, your will assigns a guardian to care for them in the event that you pass away before they reach 18 (age of majority).
Power of Attorney
• Names an individual to act in your behalf on specified matters should you be incapacitated.
Advance Health Care Directive
• Appoints an agent who will carry out your wishes for healthcare if you are unable to communicate for yourself.
Contact our Estate Planning Attorneys at The Law Offices of Brandon Sua & Associates for a free consultation at (805) 842-2000